LAST MILE OF THE MILLION~
Today was an awesome day! We recieved THE CALL that we have looked forward too for sooo long! Our agency called to tell me we have been selected by a bmom. The bmom, who I will call "T" wanted to talk to me immediately! I was so nervous and shaking violently! LOL I told Deb at my agency to please give me 30 minutes b/c I thought I might vomit! She of course laughed at me and called the bmom back to tell her I needed a little time. I finally got myself together enough to call "T" and our conversation went great! It has been about 7 hours since the call though, and I still feel like I may puke! I think I have morning sickness now! I have been drinking pepto like crazy! Our baby is due the first week of June. We are expecting a baby GIRL who is AA! I didn't plan on telling Brennan and Ivey right away, but I couldn't help it! They are thrilled and were way too hyper today! They have really wanted a little sister. I am so glad they will have the whole summer to bond with her. "T" is parenting 3 young children and is the sweetest lady ever. She said that her babies usually come a week or two early. She wants me at the delivery and is very nervous that I will not make it there in time. I assured her I will be ready to leave at a moments notice and I will do my very best to be there for her. "T" has lived a very difficult life and is making an adoption plan out of her unselfish love for this baby. All of her children have the same birthfather and we look forward to keeping in touch with "T" and our daughters siblings in the future. "T" was raised in foster care and was finally adopted as a teen. Her adoptive parents are white, and she has no problem with us being a transracial family. She lives in Georgia, so we will be able to visit every so often. Please pray for her. She seems to have a huge heart and I really hope she and her other children have a great life. The father of the children is no longer in the picture. She seems to be a strong woman with lots of hopes and dreams. "T" can change her mind and decide to parent the baby herself. Sometimes that happens. She does seem very at peace with her adoption plan at this time. We will forever be grateful for this wonderful life she is entrusting to us. She is a very special person, and we will always have a place in our hearts for her.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment